BSAC Ocean Diver Course at SSAC
Ocean Diver is the British Sub Aqua Club’s entry level scuba diving course and by the end of the course you will be able to dive confidently in controlled conditions to a maximum depth of 20 metres.
While you will need to be reasonably fit for the Ocean Diver course, it is by no means an endurance test. Provided that you are over the age of 14, a reasonable swimmer and in good health, you’re ready to take that first step to becoming a diver.
Through a combination of theory lessons, pool sessions and open water experience, you’ll learn your new diving skills progressively and at your own pace. You will develop your skills in the safe confines of a swimming pool or sheltered water before progressing to your first open water dives and your Ocean Diver qualification.
The course includes:
· Classroom theory lessons - On a Thursday evening
· Pool sessions in the Quarry Swimming Pool - On a Thursday evening from 8pm
· Practical lessons
· Open water dives - In an inland quarry
· A short multiple choice exam
· BSAC Ocean Diver Student Workbook
· BSAC Qualification Record Book and Qualification Card
· BSAC Decompression Tables
· 12 months membership of BSAC including magazine and third party insurance
· Use of all scuba equipment required to complete the pool sessions
As a newly qualified diver, you can continue on through BSAC’s diver grades and learn new specialist diving skills. You can dive regularly in the UK’s beautiful and diverse waters or add a new dimension to your next holiday abroad.
Ocean Diver courses typically commence in Late September and February subject to demand.
Here is a link to a training video from October 2014 in Capernwray.